About this Plan
Bootlegger. RC pattern plane. Wingspan 64 in, area 720 sq in, for .61 power.
Quote: "Bootlegger Instructions.
Outlined below is the construction sequence which we feel will enable you to build your Bootlegger with the least amount of head scratching and in the shortest time possible. Along these lines, we feel you will find the plans very complete with numerous notes to help with the construction details.
Wing and Stab: The wing and stab cores in this kit were cut from blanks which were held flat and true during cutting. When allowed to sit unsupported, most blanks and cores will return to their original shape which may evidence itself as a bowed core. Don't worry about this. The cores, having been cut from true blanks, will result in warp free surfaces if you use the blanks as temporary covering jigs. The following steps describe the correct method of sheeting the wing and stab cores.
1. Glue the trailing edges to the cores and sand to the surface contour. Lightly sand or brush each core to remove loose particles.
2. Prepare 4 wing skins and cut to size, allowing 1/2 in overhang all around. If using edge glued balsa, it is recommended that you begin your skins with full width sheets at the LE and carry them back as far as possible.
3. Select the sheaths from one core to serve as covering cradles. Temporarily attach these to a flat true surface with double-sided ape.
4. Mark the sheath with the wing root on the left as the No.1 cradle. The other sheath (No.2 cradle) was the sheath which was held to a flat true surface during cutting and should be used last to insure a true panel.
5. Apply Southern Sorghum to the skins and cores following the instructions on the bottle. A piece of sponge rubber makes a handy uisposable applicator... "
Update 05/04/2019: Added kit instructions, thanks to Roguedog.
Supplementary file notes
Did we get something wrong with these details about this plan (especially the datafile)?
That happens sometimes. You can help us fix it.
Add a correction
from Southern RC
Found online 08/02/2017 at:
Format: • PDFbitmap
Do you have a photo you'd like to submit for this page? Then email firstname.lastname@example.org
User commentsNo comments yet for this plan. Got something to say about this one?
Add a comment
* Credit field
The Credit field in the Outerzone database is designed to recognise and credit the hard work done in scanning and digitally cleaning these vintage and old timer model aircraft plans to get them into a usable format. Currently, it is also used to credit people simply for uploading the plan to a forum on the internet. Which is not quite the same thing. This will change soon. Probably.
This model plan (like all plans on Outerzone) is supposedly scaled correctly and supposedly will print out nicely at the right size. But that doesn't always happen. If you are about to start building a model plane using this free plan, you are strongly advised to check the scaling very, very carefully before cutting any balsa wood.
© Outerzone, 2011-2019.
All content is free to download for personal use.
For non-personal use and/or publication: plans, photos, excerpts, links etc may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Outerzone with appropriate and specific direction to the original content i.e. a direct hyperlink back to the Outerzone source page.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site's owner is strictly prohibited. If we discover that content is being stolen, we will consider filing a formal DMCA notice.