Lanzo Record Breaker (oz69)
About this Plan
Lanzo Record Breaker. Classic free flight gas model, originally published in MAN, Aug 1939 see Lanzo Record Breaker (oz427). This here is a later re-drawn plan from Uncle Willies, 2004. It looks faithful.
Quote: "Here's a Gas Model That Made a World's Record for Duration and Weight Lifting - How You Can Build It.
TO PRODUCE a consistent championship gas model, a ship must possess these two main flight characteristics:
1. Ability to Soar: Any ship will climb with a powerful riser slamming it skyward, but to have a model take advantage of the slightest trace of a thermal and produce a long soaring glide is to have soaring ability.
2. Climbing Ability Under Power: Utilize every erg of energy in the motor to make the most of the limited run. Every foot of altitude gained in the climb is minutes added to the total length of the flight. Get the model high enough where the more active air currents will affect the ship.
This model has proven to have both of these characteristics to an amazing extent, plus an extreme in stability. In fact it is so stable that it can be made to circle right or left under power or in the glide without having to warp or twist the wings. As a weight-lifting or a radio-control job it cannot be beaten. This model won the Scripps-Howard contest for lifting the greatest weight and then remained in the air for the greatest length of time..."
Supplementary file notes
Article pages, text and pics (from Air Age Models). Also previous plan version, which is a PDFvector format modern redrawn plan, might be handy for scaling up/down.
Did we get something wrong with these details about this plan (especially the datafile)?
That happens sometimes. You can help us fix it.
Add a correction
Lanzo Record Breaker
by Chester Lanzo
from Uncle Willies
all formers complete :)
got article :)
Found online 01/04/2011 at:
Format: • PDFbitmap • PDFvector
Credit*: r/cjunkie, Modelholic
Do you have a photo you'd like to submit for this page? Then email email@example.com
User commentsSir, Outer wing, when you use the drawings of the profiles nr. 2 -> 7 than de wing wil be broader on the tip and profile 8 is useless en must be redraw to fit. https://www.flickr.com/photos/1240...
WilfriedSempels - 02/10/2016
Add a comment
- Lanzo Record Breaker (oz69)
- Plan File Filesize: 666KB Filename: Record_Breaker_Lanzo_96in_Uncle_Willies_oz69.pdf
- Supplement Filesize: 340KB Filename: Record_Breaker_Lanzo_96in_Uncle_Willies_oz69_article.pdf
- Supplement Filesize: 39KB Filename: Record_Breaker_Lanzo_96in_Uncle_Willies_oz69_PDFvector.pdf
- help with downloads
* Credit field
The Credit field in the Outerzone database is designed to recognise and credit the hard work done in scanning and digitally cleaning these vintage and old timer model aircraft plans to get them into a usable format. Currently, it is also used to credit people simply for uploading the plan to a forum on the internet. Which is not quite the same thing. This will change soon. Probably.
This model plan (like all plans on Outerzone) is supposedly scaled correctly and supposedly will print out nicely at the right size. But that doesn't always happen. If you are about to start building a model plane using this free plan, you are strongly advised to check the scaling very, very carefully before cutting any balsa wood.
© Outerzone, 2011-2019.
All content is free to download for personal use.
For non-personal use and/or publication: plans, photos, excerpts, links etc may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Outerzone with appropriate and specific direction to the original content i.e. a direct hyperlink back to the Outerzone source page.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site's owner is strictly prohibited. If we discover that content is being stolen, we will consider filing a formal DMCA notice.